My client is looking to recruit a Technical Director who feels comfortable providing technical expertise to the technology leadership team on Cloud Networks. This includes strategic planning, industry programmes, technical working groups, and other organisational departments.
This is a really exciting organisation, which is growing, and whom are at the forefront of generational changes within technology. Their goal is to provide a sustainable economic roadmap for mobile technology. Therefore, you must understand mobile telecoms end-to-end systems and the impacts of digital transitions to IT&T infrastructure and software models.
This role will suit someone who is happy to engage with industry stakeholders, preparing technical consensus, and who feels adequate in influencing industry stakeholders for interoperability and scale adoption.
For this role, you will ideally have:
- Experience in a technical role within telecoms, IT&T, or Application Service Provider sector
- An understanding of virtulisation architectures, distribution software, software containerisation, and the orchestration thereof, such as; VMWare, OpenStack, Docker, AWS (such as ECS), Kubernetes
- Knowledge of existing and future Cloud and Virtualised Network technologies
- Knowledge of commonly used internet standards and protocols, open source standards, their relevance to mobile network operators
- Experience leading projects from inception to completion
- Experience liaising with C-Suite Executives and stakeholder management
- A background of working in an international environment
- A solution-focused mind - the ability to demonstrate judgement in the escalation of issues and the formulation of solutions
- Demonstrable experience producing high quality documentation
- Delivery in a complex and challenging environment
It would also be highly advantageous if you also had any of the following attributes:
- Developer Operations experience
- An interest in Zero Touch Networks and how Artificial Intelligence can be applied to new network infrastructures
- Understanding of 3GPP, IETF, ITU, Open Source Organisations
- Understanding of the wider open source communities
This organisation who will suit someone who wishes to be exposed to a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment, working on global solutions. You will be given the chance to work on some genuinely fascinating and industry-changing projects in an environment which is stimulating, exhilerating, and dynamic.
Alongside their architect-designed offices and competitive compensation, this organisation also offers fantastic learning and development opportunities, generous holiday allowances, four additional days off for professional development alongside many others.
If you think this could be the challenge and opportunity for you, then please get in touch with me on Zoe.Green@goodmanmasson.com or call me on 02070198827 for more details.