Goodman Masson are exclusively partnering with an international shipping company based in Muscat, Oman. They currently require a Technical Marine Specialist to join them on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting survey inspections together with survey contractor companies on marine vessels in the Sultanate of Oman and in the ports of the Arabian Region.
- Maintenance of monthly, quarterly, annual accounting and reporting concerning the technical condition of the fleet of marine vessels.
- Providing general and technical information in response to the incoming requests.
- Maintaining a database of removed components (units and assemblies) and possible risks of deterioration of the technical condition.
- Tracking of the current location of marine vessels (on the weekly basis).
- Control of certificates and incidents at the controlled fleet of marine vessels.
- Technical support of subdivisions in the process of obtaining new marine vessels, transfer to the lessee, removal from the lessee, removal from the fleet of marine vessels.
- Preparation of opinions on the technical condition for newly accepted marine vessels.
- Review of lease/rental agreements for the relevant marine-vessels in terms of technical support.
- Preparation of inventory check reports based on the results of inspections, with alerts on the signs of deterioration of the technical condition (if any) and analysis of the severity of possible consequences.
You will have the following:
- experience of working as a technical representative in the area of maritime operations; and/or
- experience of working as a surveyor under the international standard (confirmed qualification) for at least 5 years;
- experience of working/interaction with legislative bodies in the area of maritime operations.
- of international maritime law;
- of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships;
- of the Convention on the Prevention of Marine Pollution by Dumping of Wastes and Other Matter.
Competitive salary + benefits to be discussed.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.