The incumbent shall work within the Surveillance area to implement and perform monitoring and testing of trade alerts across all the bank’s business lines. He/she will give input for the design of new monitoring strategies.
- Help to enhance monitoring and surveillance controls for conduct and market abuse risks. This includes, but it not limited to:
- Monitoring of Trades, Orders, RFQs and Market Data. (Daily)
- Market Soundings and Investor Feedback.
- Electronic Communications.
- Conflicts of interest.
- LIBOR submission and related communications monitoring.
- Assist, develop and help implement new monitoring controls other than those set out above.
- Follow up on any alerts identified as requiring calibration, threshold or logic changes or general improvements.
- Compile breach / incident and audit trail reports arising from monitoring activity and report the outcome to the UK Head of Surveillance.
- Create and document detailed user guides and desk top procedures ensuring all policies remain up to date.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the annual Compliance Surveillance book of work.
- Highlight issues to senior Surveillance Management regarding data input, data output and market data.
- Identify and escalate potential instances of Market Abuse, Operational risk and other market integrity issues as discovered from the alert creation process.
- Ensure the efficient escalation of any potential breaches and tracking them as appropriate.
- Ensure that the monitoring findings are accurately recorded and retrievable to provide full reporting to senior management.
- Proactively identify gaps and weaknesses in surveillance/ monitoring activity and actively seeking to address them.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times due to privileged information access.
- Maintain awareness of key regulatory updates and analysing their impact on alert development.
- Participate actively to the changes in the organisation triggered by the revamping of the monitoring platform and tools.
- Prior experience in e-Communications surveillance, trade surveillance, market abuse, market conduct or compliance within an investment bank
- Familiarity with regulation surrounding electronic communication surveillance
- Experience with Trade, Voice and e-Communications surveillance software
- Understanding of EU and UK Compliance requirements, regulatory and exchange requirements – in particular with respect to Market Abuse and Conduct Risk.
If interested, please apply below. Alternatively, email email@example.com
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.