Goodman Masson have partnered with a well-known global Investment Bank to hire a Senior Manager to join their Transaction Services Advisory team in London. This person will advise Group CFOs, Business unit CFOs and the Group Financial Controller for the approval of new transactions as well as coordinating and connecting the dots across accounting, funding, economic capital and tax streams for a transaction.
A permanent role paying up to £110,000 base + benefits & bonus.
- Contributing to making recommendations for the approval of new transactions which includes assessment of risk/return profile presented in transaction financial models;
- Researching and documenting key accounting consideration relevant to a transaction including preparation of IFRS 9 hedge accounting documentation where applicable;
- Assisting in the coordination and review of Financial due diligence reports;
- Lifecycle transaction management, involving oversight of month end accounting functions and ensuring proper adherence to the financial control framework;
- Assisting in the co-ordination with other parts of the business to understand overall implications of new transactions;
- Providing inputs for monthly management reporting including analysis of balance sheet and commentary by transaction;
- Oversight of financial control environment for portfolio investment companies and external third-party accounting providers including review of monthly reporting;
- Ad hoc analysis, reporting and transaction analysis.
In this role, you will also be reviewing financial models and critically assessing transaction returns including commercial merits and risks.
You will also be involved in:
- Coordinating and reviewing financial due diligence and accounting treatment on proposed transactions;
- Driving key technical accounting judgements and analysis;
- Assisting with implementation and execution of new deals;
- The liaison and oversight of offshore Business Unit Finance and Legal Entity Control teams with month end accounting, statutory entity audits and other financial control tasks;
- The oversight and review of regional balance sheets and P&L;
- Onboarding and oversight of accounting function performed by external third-party accounting providers and portfolio investment finance teams;
- The implementation of financial control framework in new investments and businesses
- Assistance with integration of new businesses.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong commercial acumen with some transaction experience in a chartered or commercial environment and experience within financial services or infrastructure industries would be an additional benefit.
You will also have:
- Strong client service and risk management focus;
- Strong accounting background with an ability to apply technical knowledge in a transaction environment. Specific experience with IFRS 9, IFRS 10, and IAS 28 would be beneficial;
- Experience in financial modelling and tax would be beneficial ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing deadlines.