An exciting business base in Kent are now looking for a Treasury and Tax analyst to join their team.
In this role the main responsibilities are:
- Liaise with the management accountant for each group company subsidiary (UK and overseas) to understand the projected near-term cash flows.
- In time, be able to assess the Holding Company's near-term cash flows.
- Consider the liquidity requirements of each group company in local currencies.
- Ensure that bank transfers and repayments of HQ funding are appropriate and provide on-going liquidity.
With increased familiarity of existing systems:
- Suggest and implement improvements and efficiencies,
- Buy and sell currencies on the banking software.
- Place forward contracts on receipt of appropriate authorities.
Take over and improve existing currency risk assessments
Various taxation matters:
- Prepare various analysis schedules to support corporation tax submissions and investigations.
- Prepare and/or review VAT returns, P11Ds and PSA returns for UK entities.
With increased familiarity/experience:
- Prepare and/or review corporation tax computations for UK.
- Research various business tax issues, and changes thereto (i.e. making tax digital legislation) covering corporation tax, VAT and payroll. Propose solutions to issues.
- Develop working relationship with tax advisers in the UK (and overseas as appropriate).
- Understand (and document) the various different tax requirements of overseas jurisdictions.