A huge business is now recruiting for a Treasury Governance and Compliance Manager to join their Treasury team.
Someone coming from a Treasury Audit background would be perfect, but people doing a similar role will also be strongly considered.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Act as the custodian of the Group Treasury policy and delegations of authority frameworks, recommending policy enhancements to the Finance Committee of the business and working with Treasury team members to ensure compliance with policy.
- Deliver all external compliance obligations, for example to banking partners and trustees, regulators, and auditors, ensuring compliance with regulatory and contractual obligations. Also, ensure all internal compliance obligations are met.
- Manage Treasury's covenant process. Ensuring all covenant obligations are met and working with teams across the business to obtain sub-certifications on specific clauses and terms.
- Contribute to the business continuity processes for Group Treasury to ensure the continuing provision of Treasury function in the case of a business interruption.
- Manage the design, implementation and continuous improvement of Treasury's Sarbanes Oxley control framework. Working with the Group Controls team and external audit on implementing and reviewing any changes.
- Manage the delivery and co-ordination of Treasury's external audit process, including SOx walkthroughs and testing and half year and year-end substantive testing. Also co-ordinate Treasury's involvement in periodic internal audit reviews.
- Monitor daily transactions in dealing platforms to ensure compliance with risk limits and restrictions by the dealing team; working alongside the Senior Risk Manager.
- Regularly review process notes, procedures and controls to ensure that all documented processes, checklists and operational controls are fit for purpose. Act as an advisor to other Treasury teams, advising on best practice processes, controls and improvements.
- Ensure that all controls are operated fully within own sphere of responsibility.
- Provide support for other areas of Treasury as required.