A leading FS business based in the City of London have just gone live with a new created role to help them understand, monitor and manage their liquidity risk across the group, as well being mandated to build out the analytics function.
Reporting directly into the Head of Treasury, the role will have a high level of visibility across the business, managing up to CFO/CEO level, and will require someone with both very strong risk management experience (ideally from an investment banking background), and also the gravitas and vision to build out a critical function in a fast moving, high pressure environment.
- Strengthen and maintain the Group’s liquidity risk framework, encompassing daily monitoring, internal and regulatory stress testing, and analytics, with a proactive focus on continuous enhancements.
- Create and maintain analytics, reports, and related materials associated with liquidity and funding.
- Collaborate with Control and Support functions, including Operations, Finance, Risk, and Technology, as well as with business units, to comprehensively understand, monitor, and manage all significant liquidity, interest rate, and FX risks for the broader Group. This includes:
- Setting and implementing appropriate limits and incentives at the business and client levels through internal cost allocations.
- Managing liquidity at the Legal entity level, including inter-entity funding relationships and liquidity risk assessment.
- Monitoring liquidity to meet margin call requirements.
- Proactively addressing the impacts of new products and businesses.
- Optimizing returns on invested funds while maintaining liquidity.
- Monitoring and managing currency positions at both the Group and local levels.
- Maintaining a process to hedge forward foreign currency requirements, excluding the US dollar.
- Collaborating with the Finance Regulatory team to oversee capital utilization in foreign subsidiaries and ensuring adequate capital provision for all subsidiaries, both in the UK and abroad.
- Serve as the main point of contact with the Front Office, actively monitoring, comprehending, and authorizing funding requirements.
- Provide support to the broader Finance and Risk teams in preparing key documents for regulatory bodies such as the FCA and handling ad hoc requests, taking ownership of key subsections.
- Assist the Treasurer in managing funding requirements and transactions with external counterparties, including the Revolving Credit Facility (RCF) and forward profit sales.
- Monitor, enhance, and contribute to the upkeep of Treasury policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other departments to drive organization-wide initiatives, including M&A activities.
- Develop and refine reports and presentations for senior management and external stakeholders, such as rating agencies.
- Lead and oversee the broader Treasury Analytics team.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of Treasury or Risk experience in financial services, with broker dealer/derivatives expertise.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, liquidity management, and regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency in creating meaningful reports, metrics, and analyses.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, highly numerate, and analytical.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Resilient, self-motivated, and effective under pressure.
If this sounds like a good match, please apply via this advert, or to be fast tracked, please send your CV and briefing covering message directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.