An insurance business is now recruiting for a UK Head of Treasury.
This role is perfect for a Treasury Manager level candidate looking to make a step up.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Monitor cash position, short-term investing and borrowing, fraud prevention, other related cash management functions.
- Partner with various business areas to prepare standardized local entity cash forecasts.
- Coordinate with Senior Management and Investment Managers to assess needs and move assets as needed to fund obligations and invest excess cash.
- Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cash reporting
BANK RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Act as primary contact for custody and other banking relationships - opening and closing accounts, updating mandates, address KYC, AML and other regulatory requirements, troubleshooting issues, implementation of products and services, product training.
- Oversee online bank system administration including establishing new users, granting/updating access, resolving system-related issues, and performing periodic review of user access for compliance with company policy.
- Develop and manage key banking relationships to ensure productive partnerships, optimal service and competitive pricing. Develop method to monitor and evaluate performance of banking partners.
FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT
- Monitor financial risk from local entities business activities including liquidity, foreign exchange, interest rate, and counterparty risks.
- Coordinate FX transactions in accordance with the FX Policy.
- Work with local entities to implement required policies and procedures for implementing hedging instruments.
- Work with Group Treasurer/CIO to implement intergroup financing arrangements as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure interest schedules are properly prepared and incorporated into cash forecasts
- Conduct analysis of counterparty creditworthiness to support selecting of appropriate interest rates with respect to intergroup lending.
- Create and maintain Treasury policies and procedure manuals as well as Business Continuity Plans to ensure all are executable and current.
- Recommend and implement appropriate Treasury Policies and Procedures that streamline, automate, and simplify or improve existing processes and controls.
- Act as primary contact for Investment and Fund Managers on administration of local investment accounts - complete subscriptions documents, respond to capital calls, requests for consent, and other requirements as needed, facilitate mergers and acquisitions, ensure communications and reporting are distributed appropriately, etc.
MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS, & DIVESTITURES
- Develop and update checklists and processes to efficiently on-board new acquisitions into the Group and execute plans for mergers and divestures.
- Direct various projects and transitions as relates to operating cash, portfolio cash and cash management - on-boarding, direct and support incoming Treasury staff, interim investment & cash management, consolidation of state deposit collateral balances, etc.