This is a great opportunity to work for a global payments business and direct there approach to financial crime particularly across their UK payments business.
Senior Compliance Manager
The Senior Compliance Manager will support all aspects of the UK Compliance Program, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Payment Services Directives, etc. This includes internal and external activities, in line with the business growth and regulatory developments. This person will be acting as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for the UK entity.
The Senior Compliance Manager will work on the development of implementation strategies when such changes arise. This role will drive implementation of compliance control as highlighted in the AML and Compliance Risk Assessments. This role will include a broad set of cross-functional responsibilities to ensure that all personnel are properly trained, processes are scalable, and metrics are accurately reported. You will be responsible for the monitoring of regulatory changes. You will also partner closely with the Compliance Operations Team to ensure effective execution of the Program.
Core Duties and Key Strategic Objectives
- Proactively identify situations that may pose significant compliance risk and guides management in the development/reviewing/updating of relevant policies, procedures and business practices
- Drive a compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintains oversight of developments impacting business activities
- Participate and collaborate in compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conduct compliance assessment and define requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products
- Oversee and manage board and regulatory reporting, including ad-hoc requests from regulators, and manage compliance with consumer protection requirements
- Work closely with key functional organizations to ensure proper implementation, reporting and change management
- Prepare reports to Management, the Supervisory Board, and the FCA on a timely basis all relevant compliance issues through periodic reports as well as escalating any key or high risk compliance issues
The Senior Compliance Manager will also provide support to the business with launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met by overseeing the UK Compliance Team providing guidance, as appropriate
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Collaborate with internal Compliance teams (such as AML Compliance, Compliance Operations, Risk & Controls) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
- Partner with Product Managers to educate and drive the appropriate execution of UK compliance requirements