A global financial service business is looking to recruit a UK Senior Tax Manager to join on a 12 month FTC from June 2021.
Corporate Tax (CT) compliance and accounting participation and oversight
- Oversight of UK CT compliance and submission of returns in accordance with internal and external deadlines;
- Oversight of SAO notification and attestation process;
- Oversight of UK and Danish CbCR process;
- Oversight of UK Jointed Amended Return (JAR)/Group Payment Arrangement submission process;
- Management of process for UK CT quarterly instalment payments;
- Main point of contact with finance and auditors on preparation and finalisation of year-end and half-year end tax provisions, and presentation to finance stakeholders;
- Oversight of CT input on HMRC Business Risk Review;
- Main day-to-day point of contact for HMRC in correspondence, telephone calls, and meetings on CT matters;
- Lead process improvement and efficiency drives in CT processes;
- Attendance and participation at UK CT tax industry groups;
- Preparation of quarterly tax provision calculation, and presentation to finance stakeholders;
- Preparation of schedules on deferred remuneration and share-based payments CT tax deductions for main UK subsidiaries;
- Management of the publication of the UK and Group Tax Strategy; and
- Management of the strike off/liquidation formalities for UK entities.
- Participation in/lead tax input on projects requiring tax involvement;
- Assist UK Head of Tax/Global Head of Tax on tax input into projects
Overseas tax matters
- Oversight and responsibility for overseas tax compliance eg Indian CT, WHT and transfer pricing (TP) compliance concerning non-Indian entities and individuals for the group;
- PE risk monitoring in relation to HR;
- Oversight of all CT, VAT and Danish Business Authority obligations for Danish branch;
- Oversight of all CT, VAT and TP obligations for Austrian tax PE;
- Management of the ATED tax return filing process for two Group entities; and
- Management and monitoring of US Treaty Protective Return filings for Group entities.
General Tax Matters
- Build skills and knowledge to be in position to prepare provisional VAT returns for Business Continuity Planning purposes.