We are currently working with our client within the supply and logistics industry, aiding in the recruitment of a Warehouse Operations Manager.
This role will be overseeing a Continental-European Logistics centre in Gelsenkirchen, reporting directly to the Regional Logistics Manager.
- Manage, develop and grow a dynamic, fast paced team in line with the growth and development of the business
- Managing day to day, mid- and long-term capacity planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting considering seasonality influences as well as special customer projects and ad-hoc requirements
- Identify up-stream and down-stream operational problems and escalate them to the appropriate resource before they become project-threatening
- Ownership and continuous improvement of robust and efficient logistics processes. Proactive in identifying and implementing process & efficiency improvements across the team, and those needed to support the wider business operations
- Successful management and completion of improvement projects agreed with Senior Management.
- Proactively support the implementation and development of software solutions (e. g. WMS) that enable efficient operations with the best possible customer experience
- Extensive experience of Warehousing and Logistics in a fast-moving consumer goods environment with knowledge of management principles and practices including budgeting and cost estimating
- Strong leadership and people management skills, an engaging leader with expertise in developing team members across all levels.
- Strong communication skills in German and English with the ability to appropriately communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- A profound understanding of logistical processes including importing and exporting customs requirements and formalities.
- Full awareness of requirements and regulations for all modes of transport (air, road, sea) including but not limited to for example dangerous goods or food requirements.
- Prior experience of using ERP, WMS and Shipping systems.