I am currently partnering with boutique software business based in the City of London who are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their small but busy team. The role will incorporate both billing and purchase ledger along with other ad-hoc finance duties and will be an excellent role for someone with 2-3 years of experience to gain some broader experience within transactional accounts.
- Recording and coding of supplier invoices
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Assisting and generating monthly client invoices and spreadsheets
- Follow monthly set procedures, monitor various reports from bespoke licence tracking systems, and collate information from various sources to facilitate the accurate maintenance of client licensing spreadsheets
- Dealing with client queries relating to invoices raised
- Ad hoc admin duties
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Sage line 50
- Must have at least 3 years relevant experience
- Numeric accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well verbally and via email with a variety of people including team members, suppliers and client traders
- Must be able to manage and prioritise workload
- Looking for a long-term position
The successful candidate will have an accounting background, and must be enthusiastic, bright and willing
to learn. They should possess initiative, a flexible approach and a 'can do' attitude. The applicant must be
able to balance their workload within a busy and demanding environment as well as manage ad hoc
requests that may come during the day.
Strong attention to detail, accuracy and good organisation skills are essential as are good computer skills. The applicant must have excellent communication skills and show confidence in dealing with people at all levels of the business both internally and externally. In return, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to become an integral part of the team.
If this role looks like a good fit for you, please apply via this advert or to be fast tracked drop your CV directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering letter of why you think you're the candidate for job!