We are looking for an Accounts Assistant/Junior Accountant to join a leading global data center developer and operator specializing in delivering state-of-the-art digital infrastructure solutions. This is an exciting new opportunity for a candidate with 2+ years experience in a similar role, looking to progress in their career.
The Accounts Assistant is responsible for accounting related to international subsidiaries. The Accounts Assistant is expected to take ownership of the close process and ensure information is received, processed, and analysed timely. Responsibilities also include various deliverables related to monthly/quarterly internal and external reporting as well as external auditor deliverables. The Accounts Assistant will also be involved in various cross-functional projects on an ad-hoc basis. The successful candidate will be expected to study for professional qualifications which they will provide support and study leave for. There is also a track record of progression for candidates who complete exams and then progress within a large and diverse finance team across Europe.
You will do:
- Prepare journal entries for the month-end close process for assigned properties, and balance sheet accounts.
- Work closely with Operations to obtain accurate usage information and calculate related revenue based upon contractual billing template.
- Prepare and analyse monthly performance and provide commentary to senior staff and identify areas for improvement.
- Complete various account reconciliations after each month-end close and perform additional analysis based on the results of the reconciliations.
- Review sales contracts to ensure billing templates are up to date and in compliance with our contractual obligations.
- Support financial statement preparation and audits.
- Assist with other projects/research as directed.
- Ambitious and keen to progress within a high performing team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/growing environment while maintaining adequate attention to detail.
- Ability to provide recommendations based on industry best practices and implement as appropriate.
- A strong team player
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel preferred.
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Hybrid working
- Study Support
- £32-35k depending on experience