My client is part of a global creative agency who are looking to expand their accounts payable team due to winning a new contract. The role will be based in their newly refurbished offices based near Kings Cross and will report into the Finance Manager who will assist where necessary.
The Accounts Payable Assistant's responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following duties:
- Process invoices from suppliers and inter-company offices whilst ensuring the appropriate approvals are obtained (including some multi-currency invoices)
- Identifying ways in which the function can be improved, contributing ideas and implementing the relevant measures
- Liaising on a daily basis with all levels of management.
- Preparing the weekly vendor payment run via BACS
- Process monthly Corporate Credit Card (AMEX) submissions and prepare for payment via BACS
- Process Out of Pocket expenses on a weekly basis in line with company policy and prepare for payment via BACS
- Raising manual RBS Bankline Payments via BACS & CHAPS when required (including different currencies)
- Raising and banking cheques where appropriate
- Preparation of PeopleSoft general ledger journals
- Ad-hoc duties to include scanning of relevant invoices and filing of payments
- Ad-hoc queries and ability to respond to ongoing queries (internal & external)
- Working knowledge of an Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger role;
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft/Oracle general ledger accounting systems would be an advantage;
- Confidence with a range of computer software including Microsoft Office, with a particular focus on Microsoft Excel;
- Appreciation of multi-currency accounting would be an advantage;
- Appreciation of the Accruals and Prepayments process;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal clients;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Accuracy and a high attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong administrative, organisational and planning skills;
- A high level of self-motivation, autonomy and initiative;
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
The working hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday inclusive (with one hour for lunch) and such other hours as may be required for the proper performance of your duties and whenever the business of the Company requires it. The role is paying up to £26,000 and offers study support for the right candidate. There are excellent benefits available such as gym memberships, your birthday off work and team building activities on a regular occurrence. This is a sociable atmosphere and will suit an individual confident by nature, a fast learner looking to progress their skill set within finance.
A minimum of 6 months experience is required for this opportunity. Due to a high number of applications - If you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application you have not been successful.