I am currently working with one of London's largest privately owned international property businesses, who are seeking an Accounts Receivable Assistant to join their business team to take full ownership of the billing function alongside the client facing Credit Controller. Due to some movement within the business, this role is currently vacant so the business are looking to move quickly for an ASAP start.
- Perform bank downloads and record and process receipts on a daily basis.
- Daily banking and processing of cheques received.
- Produce monthly and quarterly draft charge raising reports for the Asset Management team to review
- Issue all rent demands and ad hoc charges in a timely manner.
- Monitor rent review and lease expiry dates in Bluebox (property accounting system) and liaise with the Asset Management to ensure Bluebox is updated as required.
- Maintain Bluebox sales ledger standing data.
- Produce draft late payment interest report in accordance with Company policy and liaise with Asset Management re approval and billing.
- Set up new properties, tenancies, leases in Bluebox as requested.
- Investigate unallocated receipts and allocate on a timely basis in accordance with Company policy.
- Provide information to credit control to ensure timely collection of debt
The candidate will join a small hard-working team and must be able to work closely with that team. They will offer key support to both Finance and Asset Management and it is vital that a strong relationship is built with both.
They will ideally have at least two years' Account receivable experience within a commercial property environment. Previous experience with a property based accountancy packages as well with Excel, Word and Outlook will also be an advantage.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential and the candidate must have the confidence and gravitas to be able to deal effectively with senior management and awkward tenants.
The candidate needs to be able to work on their own initiative, be adaptable with good organisation skills and be able to plan their workload and resolve problems efficiently, while working to tight deadlines.