A well established property investor is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has roughly 2 -3 years of experience in accounting and is pursuing either their ACCA or CIMA qualification.
Salary – circa £35k. Study support and a great bonus package on offer.
Location – Central London
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Part Qualified Chartered Accountant or Qualified By Experience
Technical and regulatory accounting knowledge desirable but not essential
Experience of mid-tier accounting packages (Xero in particular) and excellent excel skills
Property experience desirable not essential
1. Responsible for aspects of maintaining up to date financial records; purchase ledger/payments, sales ledger/receipts and collection, bank reconciliations, journal entries, accruals/prepayments, fixed assets and expenses
2. Preparation of VAT returns.
3. Preparation of timely and accurate financial statements in line with month end, quarter end and year end timetables
4. Liaise with Auditors to ensure statutory financial reporting and tax returns are correct and filed on time
5. Assist in the preparation of cash flow, P&L and Balance Sheet forecasts as required
6. Ensure deal co-investment is correctly recorded, and that inter-company balances are correctly recorded and validated regularly with corresponding parties
7. Provide timely and insightful ad hoc commercial analysis/reporting to support informed business decisions
8. To work closely with Finance team members, and other internal and external contacts to contribute to the development of finance processes that will improve the level of finance support provided to the business
9. Preparation of bank payments using online banking system
10. Processing and approval of staff expense claims
11. Ad hoc support