This industry leading asset management company is looking for a proactive and passionate Assistant Accountant to join their wider finance team.
- Perform accounting functions and input journal entries for accruals, provisions, amortisation, depreciation, fixed assets register/ capital expenditure, opening/ maintaining internal accounts etc.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist with the preparation of the draft annual statutory accounts
- Liaising with external auditors and other internal departments within the company on various matters relating to audit
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget, with active involvement and support of the Deputy Financial Controller
- Monitor actual expenditure against budget and discuss the variances with the Financial Controller
- Perform account reconciliations
- Complete any ad-hoc financial tasks/reporting/analysis as requested
Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently studying towards ACCA/CIMA qualifications (or equivalent)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of basic accounting functions (AP/AR)
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a desire to learn and develop their accounting skill set and knowledge. You will be confident working independently when required, while also being adaptable and a team player. You will have good numerical analysis skills and strong attention to detail.
If this role looks like it could be a good fit for you, then please apply via this advert or alternatively send your CV directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering note.