Turnover is circa £8m with around 35 people our cost based is largely salaries and revenue is fixed.
Volume of transactions is relatively low, but we pride ourselves on accurate and timely accounting, cash flow forecasts.
The office ethos is that everybody helps with everything so we like to see trustworthy people who are happy to help and can do attitude
This role would report to a qualified accountant who is part of the project management team (ie not 100% accounts focused) hence there is scope to have support but also to take on more responsibility over time.
The role: to include, but not exclusively limited to:
- Receiving, logging, filing and inputting all purchase invoices
- Collating employee expense claims for Senior Managers
- Processing supplier and employee expense payments in on-line bank system - roughly 60 suppliers, 100 payments a month
- Liaising with and managing all office related supplier accounts
- Sales invoice creation to customers
- Management and administration of customer recharges
- Monthly journal and bank reconciliations
- Reconciliation of company credit card account: 1 account x 6 cards
- Maintaining asset register
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual account reconciliations and reporting
- Preparation and submission of MTD compliant quarterly VAT returns
- Preparing schedules and assisting with annual audit
Payroll and HR:
- New starter set up / leaver close down.
- Outsourced Payroll - processing monthly salaries, yearly returns, P11d, P45 starter/leavers
- Administration of the Certificate of Sponsorship scheme, visa applications
- Administration of Workplace Pensions scheme, childcare vouchers, ride to work
- Maintaining leave schedules
- Completing periodic National Office for Statistics surveys
- Assistance with financial management and reporting of corporate mobile accounts and monthly expenditure
General assistance with office admin as required
- Ad hoc administrative tasks
- Booking flights/hotels/taxis
- Stationery/keeping track of toner ink/paper
- Greeting guests/covering phones
- Opening up/sorting out morning office items when first in
Candidate should have some accounting qualification, ideally knowledge of Sage, competent in excel and experience of the various aspects involved in accounting for a small office.