A fast-growing, reputable retail company are looking for an assistant management accountant to join their dynamic and expanding finance team.
Reporting to the finance manager, you will have ownership of retail costs (payroll, property, controllable costs and capex) and central costs.
You role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Preparing and posting period end journal entries
- Completing robust balance sheet reconciliations to agreed deadlines
- Investigating and preparing narrative explaining variances to budget and prior year for key expense categories
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the preparation of reporting to communicate performance to the management team
- Identifying drivers of overspend, prepare ad hoc analysis and develop recommendations to reduce finance risk
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships across the Retail team and with central department heads
- Supporting the budgeting and forecast process, liaising closely with the Commercial Finance team.
Compliance and controls
- Significant involvement in the year-end process, preparation of deliverables for the audit and key contact for the auditors during the audit process
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns and Intrastat overseas
- Support the preparation of statutory statistical filings in the UK and overseas
- Support the development of a robust control environment by continuously identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and processes and by implementing these changes
- Ongoing non-business as usual project work within the finance team as and when required
The ideal candidate will be working towards a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) and have at least 1-2 years experience of working within a high-volume finance team. Retail experience is strongly preferred, but not essential. Intermediate Excel skills are required as well as a strong attention to detail.
You will need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a desire to drive improvements in a fast-paced business. You will have a can-do attitude and be driven to further your career and team.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for this role.