Goodman Masson are working with a prestigious University based in London who are looking to recruit 2 Business Development Managers.
The overall purpose of the role is to build and develop academic partnerships with businesses and government organisations.
The post-holder will be required to interact and work cooperatively with the wider Business Development and Partnerships team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop high quality research collaborations with businesses and other external organisations, seeking resonance between academic research strengths/strategic objectives and business needs.
- Support the coordination and writing of proposals for collaborative research
- Develop research contracts including the negotiation of commercial and Intellectual Property terms.
- Develop productive long-term relationships with business partners and other external organisations.
- Run processes to manage and report the pipeline of opportunities and maintain a directory of key contacts in business
- Effective communication and relationship management across multiple and varied stakeholders
Suitable candidates :
- Will have a degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of writing funding proposals
- Relevant experience in the higher research sector
- Have excellent communication skills