Our client are a listed Oil & Gas business with operated fields globally. A vacancy for a highly commercial role has arisen in their Head Office to work as a Commercial Finance Analyst.
The role will report directly to the Corporate Planning and Analysis Lead, who manages the delivery of FP&A and Corporate Economic work streams.
The role will also involve collaboration directly with the Business Unit FP&A and Economics teams who are based at the asset locations.
The Corporate Planning Analyst will make significant contributions to the process and models utilised for longer-term corporate planning and reforecasting.
- Updating and maintaining the corporate planning tool to reflect changes in corporate structure
- Updating the tool with output data from the business planning/forecasting cycles
- Production of information for EXCOM and board consumption
- Scenario analysis work based around M&A activity, capital structure, tax strategy and hedging strategies
- Responsible for quarterly lender bank model submissions
- Compiling rating agency submissions
- Semi-annual analysis and feed into going concern & viability papers
- Various other ad hoc work as required
Business Plan/ Quarterly Forecasting
- Support the business planning and forecasting processes, working closely with Business Unit and Group finance teams
- Provide analytical support to these processes as required
- Work closely with the Corporate Planning and Analysis Lead to ensure the group planning/forecasting model reconciles to the group corporate tool
This role is extremely high profile and sits in the lean Head Office so you will have exposure to C-Suite stakeholders daily.
Required experience and qualifications
- A good finance, mathematics or science focused degree
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience working within industry
- Oil and gas industry experience advantageous
- FP&A experience advantageous
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel