Compliance Monitoring Officer
A commodities trading house is looking for someone to come onboard to take ownership over their compliance monitoring programme and work closely with head of compliance to identify regulatory risks to the business and able them to improve processes, policies and procedures. They are continuing to increase the range of products that they trade and have strong growth plans.
They are looking for someone who has a strong compliance monitoring or audit background across trading products.
- To support the Head of Compliance by:
- Scoping, conducting and reporting on compliance monitoring and risk control reviews;
- Implementing and proposing enhancements to the compliance monitoring programme;
- Taking ownership of specific compliance projects, e.g. policy and procedure drafting, risk assessments, etc;
- Developing and conducting certain face-to-face training;
- Other general compliance tasks.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead responsibility for design improvements to and implementation of specific sections of the Compliance Monitoring plan.
- Reporting on results of monitoring plan tasks, including creation and enhancement of MI and suggestions for control enhancements.
- Scope, conduct and reports on specific risk assessments, policy review and compliance review projects based on applicable regulations and internal policies and procedures, engaging with stakeholders around the company.
- Support, as necessary, other Compliance team staff in completing routine monitoring and other required tasks.
- Provide well considered compliance advice to business as required.
- Manage defined day-to-day and ad-hoc compliance tasks - for example FCA form and Exchange form submissions as necessary.
- Develop and provide bespoke face to face training to the business and other compliance staff on regulatory and compliance issues.
- Any other task of a reasonable nature to enable the Compliance function to meet is objectives and obligations.
- Experience in scoping and running compliance monitoring & assurance reviews and risk assessments essential.
- Strong knowledge and practical application of the FCA Handbook including Conduct of Business Sourcebook (COBS), Senior Management Arrangements, Systems and Controls (SYSC) and Market Conduct (MAR) as well as key EU legislation: MiFID II, MAD/MAR and EMIR.
- Experience of LME, ICE and CME markets is desirable but not essential.