Our client is a leading Multinational company with offices in central London looking to hire a New qualified tax professional to join their team.
The Tax Team is responsible for ensuring that our client complies with all tax legislation, that the group meets all tax reporting requirements both externally and internally, and ensures that group's tax affairs are conducted in an efficient manner.
The Direct Tax Analyst reports to the Direct Tax Manager who reports to the Head of Direct Tax. The Direct Tax Analyst is a key post in ensuring that our client meets the above obligations.
Responsibility for the production of complete and accurate corporation tax returns for companies within the group, ensuring that both internal and external deadlines are met. Tax packs are currently used in the completion of the tax returns.
· The post holder will review tax information provided by Business Units and ensure that it is correct and is in sufficient detail to comply with tax legislation.
· The post holder must be able to react to new information in order to change processes and deadlines.
· The post holder must also have the initiative to recommend and instigate changes to improve processes and accommodate changes within the business and changes to tax legislation.
· Financial controllers and other finance staff are trained by the post holder to complete tax information.
· Communication skills are key to ensure each business unit agrees to the form and timing of information flows.
· Liaise with other members of the Tax Team in the preparation of individual company tax provisions and tax disclosures.
· Preparation of timely and accurate information concerning the corporate tax charge to the finance department.
· Involvement in the annual reporting cycle for group tax reporting.
· Respond to correspondence from HM Revenue and Customs.
· Involvement in tax planning matters and in project work as required.