A global Oil & Gas business with an strong portfolio of production assets are seeking a proactive, self-motivated, team-oriented Cost Recovery Accountant to coordinate the G&A audit, reporting and budgeting of first spend G&A in the UK.
The role has come about owing to an internal promotion.
You will also interact with primary stakeholders as a Finance Business Partner in what is a collaborative and high growth environment.
The business is going through a period of expansion and the are seeking someone to grow with them.
The reward package is outstanding with, in addition to the base salary, additional cash allowances of £7,500, a 25% bonus and a pension scheme where your contribution is tripled. They also offer a long term incentive plan.
You will provide insightful analysis to support and drive a culture of cost management and accountability, whilst focusing on process improvements to create opportunities for value added activities by:
- Leading and managing the annual General & Administration (G&A) audit ensuring the external auditors have all the requested information from various parts of the business and all the queries are resolved
- Monitoring and supplying the recommendations of cost recovery rates that impact joint venture partners and communicating with finance leadership team on their appropriateness
- Calculating cost recovery rates monthly to ensure that cost recovery is appropriate and in line with budget. Also, adjusting over/under recovery of costs monthly and ensuring the appropriate allocation of the monthly accruals to projects/assets
- Providing support and reconciliations for Joint Venture audits in relation to time writing rates/hours charged to relevant JVs
- Coordinating and collating G&A budgets and outlooks templates for selected costs centres, assisting cost centre managers with submissions, reviewing returned templates, preparing and analysing consolidated results for net residual G&A and preparing presentation materials for senior management
- Liaising with HR to collate and present headcount information, including the treatment of unfilled positions
- You will also prepare an analysis of consolidated UK Net Residual G&A vs. budgets and outlooks for the current month, year to date and total year along with the preparation, review and consolidation of monthly results for cost recovery for multiple legal entities
- Presenting monthly analysis to UK Finance management and monitoring cost centre budgets and meeting with cost centre managers to explain variances to budget and outlook
Who are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- A self-starter who has the ability to analyse, investigate, problem-solve and report accurately against tight deadlines.
- A highly organised individual who knows the importance of structure, process & confidentiality.
- Someone who has the ability to retain a high-level view on issues whilst retaining attention to the detail and ensuring the integrity of information produced
- An ability to liaise with all levels across the group and integrate well as part of a team
- Proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoints and working in a Sarbanes-Oxley environment