I am currently working exclusively with a high growth client of mine, whose offices are based within easy walking distance of Moorgate station. Due to a series of recent acquisitions, they are now looking to grow their credit controller function to a head count of five with plans to build it out further over the next 9-12 months.
They are looking for a highly motivated individual with a genuine flair and enjoyment of relationship building and external stakeholder management, but also someone who enjoys the more technical side of credit control too, with strong Excel skills and the ability to build reports for multiple stakeholders within different areas of the business.
- Responsible for the UK entity covering EMEA and APAC
- Cash collection for outstanding debts
- Credit risk assessments for existing customers, identifying where the risks are
- Ensuring company credit policy is adhered to
- Managing system changes and development
- Providing cash collection forecasts and making adjustments weekly
- Weekly and monthly debtor reporting to Credit Manager and Sales
- Daily posting of cash to accounts receivable system and to the billing system
- Working with Sales and internal departments to resolve issues and disputes
- Preparing submissions to debt collection agencies and lawyers
- Account reconciliations
- Ad hoc duties as required and to provide cover for holidays/sickness
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in commercial environments preferably one of which must be international credit, dealing with overseas clients
- Managing process and system changes
- Focused on delivery of company KPIs, working to deadlines
- Good account reconciliation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to ongoing process and system changes
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships. Must be confident and assertive
- Influencing/negotiating skills to effectively manage internal departments and external customers
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A good understanding of how to prioritise tasks and multitask
Due to the current situation, interviews for this role will be held remotely via video call, as will your on-boarding until such a time the business feels it's safe to return to their offices. As such they have asked me to place specific emphasis on the need for the right candidate to be self motivated and comfortable and effective at working from home.
If you feel this could be a good opportunity, please apply via this advert or to be fast-tracked please email your CV with a brief covering note directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.