Cyber Security Analyst
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cyber Security Analyst to work within a dedicated internal GSOC function of a Global Multimedia organisation. The team is currently built up of technical specialists from the from the CISO to the Director of GSOC, right the way through the team, and operate a Monday-Friday, 9-5 working hours' policy.
You will be expected to operate various security monitoring toolsets whilst also engaging in deeper investigations using in-house and open-source tooling to examine malicious files.
- You will be acting as first line of contact, for detected security incidents.
- You will be identifying attacks from both internal and external sources on a global scale.
- You will be tasked with supporting enhancement, development and distribution of monitoring and responding methods and processes to reduce all risks.
- You will be identifying malware and attacks and analysing event data that are generated from endpoints, IDS, MPS, proxies and network devices.
- Establishing and delivering methods/tools which will provide real value for the organisation by reducing risks.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- You must have experience operating and administrating different types of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms.
- Understand different security processes and technologies including Threat Intelligence, Malware Analysis, Security monitoring and Vulnerability assessment.
- Good knowledge in Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis techniques and tools.
- Experience performing PCAP Analysis and investigating Macro's in-depth.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Eligibility for SC Clearance is essential
This is an excellent opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst with at 1-3 years' experience to join an established team of technical security experts and gain exposure to a wide array of threats affecting a genuinely interesting industry.