Data Governance Specialist
Goodman Masson are currently working on a Data Governance Specialist position, working for a multinational oil and gas organisation, within their London office.
The successful candidate will be a key member for one of the 3 key pillars for the IST future for the organisation is question. You will help promote cultural change and monitor on-going compliance with their core data principles and the data strategy.
- Developing a governance framework to allow adequate monitoring of on-going business change.
- Attend and review on-going change governance forums to understand key business drivers and data impacts.
- Chairing and supporting data working groups as part of the global data strategy.
- Championing best practice and helping the CDO to drive a cultural change about how data is used.
- Reviewing and proposing chance to the data policy and data strategy.
- Working with the Data Management Specialists to promote data management outcomes in change projects.
- Deputising for the Chief Data Officer at relevant committees as required.
- Tracking and quantifying on-going data debt and related technical debt.
- Work with change programmes to ensure common data requirements are addressed.
- Management reporting of data governance.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years' experience management and implementing data related change.
- Experience working with Integrated supply and trading (IST).
- Experience chairing governance forums/committees.
- The ability to engage with business users (Senior and Junior), to champion change and new concepts.
- Comfortable working across multiple departments in a global organisation to deliver change.
- Good understanding of how data can generate value and support the business operations.
- Experience with SQL Queries.
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI.