Reporting into the Business Planning and Reporting manager, a Finance Data Analyst is required to work with our client's Finance & Treasury team to assist with the analysis and definition of finance data structures, along with automating and driving forward our reporting offering.
This is an important role with high autonomy, where you will initially play a key role in the group wide Common Finance Data Structures initiative.
The initiative's objective is to develop common finance data structures covering key finance data entities across multiple group companies, that will allow base level data to be aggregated systematically to meet Statutory and Management reporting requirements for the group, without the need to transform or replicate the data multiple times for different stakeholders.
Using your expertise in managing and manipulating large volumes of data, you will work with the Finance Business Partnering and IT teams to design and complete the data structure definitions at a detailed level and collect the required information needed to populate hierarchies and attributes.
Another key element of the project will be the development of the presentation of data for meaningful management analysis and decision making.
The Common Finance Data Structures initiative will span a number of years, but alongside this project additional responsibilities would include working as a data modelling subject matter expert within the Finance Business Partnering team, where you will be a dedicated resource for gathering requirements and designing new models for financial analytics. This is seen as a key responsibility within the team as we look to drive efficiency and spreadsheet design best practise, working towards transforming our Finance department to realise the benefits of current reporting technology.
Following the completion of the Common Finance Data Structures initiative you will be well placed to provide continued support and be involved in future data modelling/structuring projects as the Finance team continue to adapt and improve their reporting and analysis offering to the way the business evolves.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interfacing with different business teams to collect and validate master data records
- Map master data into defined data structures
- Act as single point of contact for all data collection and data quality control
- Communicate and agree final data structures with business stakeholders and ensure sign-off for master data content is obtained from data owners
- Assist with the development of business data processes and controls to ensure on-going data quality assurance
- Act as a data modelling subject matter expert to the Finance Business Partnering team, providing support, advice and coaching where required
Skills & Competencies
- Good understanding of Finance Data entities such as GL Accounts, Profit Centres and Cost Centres
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for financial data modelling and automation
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well organised and able to cope with fast changing requirements in a demanding environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with SAP Analysis for Office, SAP BW, and SAP BPC 10.0 or 10.1
- Experience working in a finance team as a business analyst
- Extensive experience working with complex Excel models
- Knowledge of reporting BI tools
- Experience in a commodity or energy trading environment preferred