Our client - a commercial events company based in Westminster is looking for a senior finance professional for their Finance Director post. This is a 12 month fixed term contract with a view that it is likely to become permanent. We are looking for candidates on 1 months notice or less.
This is a pivotal role in ensuring that the business meets its business objectives and maintains excellent financial performance. This role takes the lead in defining the strategic direction, as set by the Chief Executive for the organisation, and producing the Annual Corporate and Business Plan. This position also acts as deputy for the CEO in his absence.
Key Finance Tasks:
- Devising and overseeing the implementation of the organisation's Business and Finance strategy
- Working closely with the CEO to produce and gain approval for the annual Corporate and Business Plan setting out the Corporate and Departmental business objectives
- Producing financial projections for the Corporate and Business Plans and to oversee the production of monthly departmental budgets.
- Serve on the organisation's Management and Advisory Boards and The Audit and Risk Committee, producing reports and advising on matters of insurance and contract law.
- Maintain the Risk register, the Strategic Risk review and chair the Risk Management Working Group.
- Prepare an update on the risk profile for the business to the quarterly Audit and Risk Committee meeting
- Prepare the Annual Report and Accounts and maintain a robust system of internal control at the organisation to ensure that an unqualified audit certificate is obtained.
- Respond to regular deadlines for information, statistics and reports including immediate and unpredictable deadlines from within the Centre and across Government
- Work with the HR Director to produce the Centre's Pay Remit
- Manage a finance team of 3, providing necessary training and development where needed and recruiting if required.
- Qualified accountant, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Previous experience working at Head of Finance, Finance Director or CFO level
- Experience of working across both public and private sectors would be beneficial
- An understanding of government reporting requirements would be beneficial
- A strong team player who is comfortable being in a position of authority and is happy to deputise for the CEO when required
Please apply asap to avoid disappointment.