We are recruiting a Finance Manager/ Head of Finance post for a fast-growing climate change organisation.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting the Director of Finance in the production of the management accounts and delivery of the annual budgeting and planning cycle. The Finance Manager will be the primary business partner for Directors of all operational and programme areas of the business and their teams and will help to develop robust and meaningful management information reports to aid in decision making.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Supporting the Director of Finance in setting the organisation’s long term strategic financial planning and annual budgeting processes. Accountable for ensuring processes are in place for resource allocation and performance monitoring of the organisation.
- Ensuring that the appropriate processes and procedures are in place to monitor the long-term financial viability of the organisation, advising directors on the financial consequences of proposed
- Lead on the development of financial reports to management and donors, ensuring that accountability to key stakeholders is maintained for all activities.
- Work closely with the Grants Manager to provide timely and accurate donor reports and work-in-progress updates for all concerned parties.
- Produce timely and accurate monthly management accounts with commentary and analysis
- Deliver financial strategic advice, insight and challenge into the efficacy of spend decisions, utilising commercial acumen in addition to technical and financial analytical ability, to support Directors of departments and their team’s decision making on current and future plans.
- Support business partnered teams in their planning and budgeting cycle.
- Provide insight and scrutiny on proposed plans, ensuring the relevant financials are a reasonable expectation and present an efficient use of the charity’s funds.
- Develop forecasting templates and embrace new technologies that improve the efficiency and insight of business partnered budget holders’ forecasting.
- Identify and realise potential efficiencies in workload to release capacity for further value-add activities.
- To support the preparation of business cases and board papers.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to provide information required for the production of the statutory accounts and annual audit process
- Manage two remote finance staff in the Belgium and Brussels offices ans take responsibility for their personal and professional development
- We are looking for a proactive individual who enjoys building relationships with non-finance stakeholders and supporting others to make the best use of funds available to them
- Highly developed cultural awareness, and used to dealing with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- A strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-set
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
Experience and Knowledge:
- A fully-qualified accountant (CCAB or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a business partnering role in an analytical capacity supporting non-technical decision makers
- Confident in preparing management accounts, budgets, forecasts and financial plans
- Experience in leading or supporting the annual budget setting process
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness, and used to dealing with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Good systems acumen with the ability to identify weaknesses and suggest improvements
Applications will be considered over the holiday period, and candidates with relevant profiles will be contacted in the New Year.