My client are one of the most exciting companies around in the Oil & Gas space in London. They have had some outstanding results recently and have a strong growth plan which is well underway.
As a result of this growth they now have a new vacancy for a strong qualified accountant to join their Head Office.
This is a fantastic role for someone with post qualified experience as it utilises the skills gained in audit whilst giving you a great opportunity to gain exposure to the operational and commercial sides of the business.
The Finance Manager will perform the accounting for the Group, including hedge accounting (mark to market valuations), dividend distributions and accounting for intercompany loans.
They will manage the group consolidation monthly and will be required to streamline and improve the process.
In addition, they should stay informed of IFRS accounting policy changes relevant to the business, document policy changes and implement in the business.
He/she will be the in house technical accounting expert, providing support to the business in particular on areas such as depletion calculations (unit of production method), accounting for changes in decommissioning estimates and acquisition accounting.
They will act as the focal point for all reporting requirements in the Corporate Office including board reporting, working capital reviews and ad hoc requirements for shareholders and lenders.
The successful candidate should develop a detailed knowledge of the wider operations and related accounting entries to analyse financial information and provide support and advice to the wider business when required.
The role will require travel to asset sites as and when required.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- Complete and manage the group consolidation on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Head of Finance with delivery of the group audit and consolidated year-end audited financial statements. This will require regular contact with the external audit team, the local Finance team and shared service team.
- Stay informed of IFRS policy changes relevant to the company; document the impact of the policy change and implement in the business.
- Act as the focal point for master data changes in SAP.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations for entities on a quarterly basis to ensure integrity of financial statement balances.
- Ensure that Net Debt/EBITDAX ratios are prepared in accordance with Reserve Based Lending requirements and submitted to lenders together with the half year and full year financial statements.
- Responsible for verification and obtaining director sign off of hedging trade confirmations.
- Prepare inputs and consolidate slides for board meetings. Review board pack and provide analysis to CFO.
- Understand and review working capital position to better manage liquidity and communicate movements to the Senior Leadership team.
- Regular interaction with the senior leadership team; Corporate finance team; Country finance manager and financial controller; external auditors and external finance/tax consultants.