A Blue Chip Business in the City of London are now seeking the addition of a strong Pensions Specialist Accountant to join their London Office as a Finance Manager.
This position reports to the Head of Finance, Treasury and is key leadership position with direct accountability for the day to day management of finance operations and control and compliance framework operating for Pensions & Insurance activities. These accountabilities relate to global pension financial reporting; insurance financial reporting and annual assumption setting for pensions financials in the Annual Report and Accounts.
With multiple billions of dollars in liability and a similar size asset position for defined benefit pension plans and other post-retirement benefits at y/e 2018, this is a key reporting role for the Group and setting the pension accounting assumptions a critical activity with keen senior management interest. This is one of the largest pension funds in the world.
The successful applicant will gain exposure to a wide range of accounting, reporting and control processes, network with a variety of Treasury and other Finance teams and offers an insight into the Group's reporting and MI processes.
The role-holder directly manages a team of 3 technical accountants and coordinates across a broad, globally dispersed network of local finance and HR staff (across c30 people) and external actuaries (c10 people). The role holder manages the actuary relationship for all financial reporting issues.
- Act as accounting policy lead for pensions accounting worldwide, providing accurate and meaningful accounting policy advice as required to treasury & other teams.
- Lead & develop capability of the Pension and Insurance Finance team. Actively lead standardisation and improvement initiatives.
- Accountable for setting annual pension accounting assumptions on behalf of the Group, coordinating with actuary firms and presenting output to Group Chief Accounting Officer, Group Controller and Treasurer.
- Support presentation of pension accounting assumptions to group committees
- Ensure finance is appropriately represented in corporate pension discussions.
Ownership, on-going development & day to day management of Accounting, Reporting, Control & Assurance operations as executed by the team and detailed below:
- Accountable for all worldwide pension financial reporting, including preparation of pensions notes in the UK stat accounts
- MI reporting for Pensions forecasting. Ensure timely accurate & reliable reports are provided to support decision making. Underpinned by robust & reliable reporting & forecasting processes.
- MI reporting, forecasting and Financial reporting for insurance activities, including support to insurance company statutory accounts preparation
- Accountable for weekly updates on Funding Ratios for UK and US Plans to trigger de-risking transactions.
- Internal control & assurance, ensuring adherence to Group Standard and Practices, ensure control environment is robust and fit for purpose. Includes CDD, SoX, Quarterly Due Diligence process & auditor engagement
- Championing and embedding an effective Compliance culture across Treasury with focus on key activities and risks.
The successful applicant will be a Qualified Accountant with experience of pensions accounting either in industry or in an accountancy practice firm.
This is a unique role at a major company that offers unrivalled career progression and an exceptional remuneration package.