Assistant Finance Officer
A global hedge fund in the West End are looking to recruit a newly qualified Big 4 auditor into their finance team to work in a broad role. Ideally this person will have financial services sector experience but this isn't essential.
This is a great opportunity to work in a small finance team where you will gain lots of exposure and responsibility with great development and progression potential.
- Support the finance team and Managing Partner on strategic/investment projects as required.
- Prepare quarterly management reports.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and corporation tax instalment calculations.
- Prepare FSA regulatory reports.
- Prepare annual consolidated and company specific statutory accounts.
- Compile files for external auditors and tax advisors. Ensure that relevant documentation is current.
- Liaise with external auditors and provide necessary assistance to complete the audit.
- Keep up to date with technical UK GAAP, corporation and employment tax developments and other relevant industry changes.
- Ensure adequate and timely communication with senior management.
- Responsible for the daily bookkeeping function, including management account entries, cash flow projections and bank reconciliations.
- Timely payment of invoices and management of payment dispute/queries.
- Provide support for the management of the Managing Partner's personal finances and investments including cash management, preparation of monthly reports and tax computations.
Required qualities or skills:
- Newly qualified CA/ACA or equivalent qualification with UK financial reporting experience.
- Big 4 experience (ideally in financial services).
- Strong team focus with a willingness to learn.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Diligent, proactive and uses initiative to prioritise work. Able to manage conflicting priorities and be flexible on timing as required by workload.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels by building trust through consistent delivery, open and timely communication with senior management, peers and external parties.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and solutions in advance.
- Current knowledge of accounting standards and basic understanding of corporation and employment tax rules. Knowledge of hedge fund structures would be helpful.
- Good IT skills - proficient in word and excel.