About the role:
A well-established children’s charity are looking for a Financial Accounting & Control Manager to join their Finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that make a real difference! You will be responsible for delivering operational effectiveness and technical compliance across the financial accounting processes and wider Finance function.
The organisation are offering up to £60k + excellent benefits and this role involves 2 days a week in the City of London office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Statutory Reporting & Compliance – producing statutory accounts, co-ordinating the year-end close and external audit processes
- Financial Procedures & Controls – ensuring internal controls are fit for purpose and adhered to, key financials control procedures are carried out, and evaluating effectiveness of processes
- Tax Compliance, Planning and Research – ensuring tax and VAT processes are carried out in a timely manner, providing in-hour expertise and advice on taxation and leading negotiations with HMRC
- Cash Flow & Treasury Management – managing bank accounts and investment holdings, advising on investment decisions, whilst overseeing production of weekly cash flow and reporting
- Payment procedures – managing processing of payment runs and ensuring other payment types are controlled/documented
- Staff Management – directly reporting 4 team members, monitoring performance, and providing training
The successful candidate:
- Fully qualified chartered accountant with 4+ years PQE
- Solid, proven experience in:
- Line management
- Statutory reporting
- Implementing and evaluating financial controls and procedures
- Strong technical skills
- Advanced Excel user
- Communicating complex information to non-financial stakeholders
- Charity sector experience is desirable
- A proactive, creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.