This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing business based in Central London. This start up is looking for an experienced industry focused Financial Controller to join the finance team as the existing FC takes maternity leave.
The role will report directly in to the CFO. The successful candidate will be a highly technical and ambitious qualified accountant who can help develop and manage the small finance department to create a best in class finance function.
- Work closely with the CFO to develop the current finance function and develop more efficient processes and implement effective financial controls.
- Lead the day to day finance function. Given this is a small finance function this will entail a very hands on approach.
- Lead the month end process to deliver consolidated management accounts with full supporting reconciliations.
- Support Board reporting, wider MI production and the provision of investor related information requests.
- Assist the CFO with active cash management and forecasting.
- Support the CFO in any fund raising and associated due diligence activity.
- Manage monthly reporting and delivery of VAT returns.
- Lead and continuously develop, both technically and professionally, a financial accountant and a finance manager.
- ACCA / ACA or CIMA qualified with at least 2 years PQE in industry
- Proven experience at the Finance Manager or Financial Controller level
- Experience in the SME or Start Up space
- Strong Excel skills
- Adaptable to change and highly organised