Our client are highly acquisitive and have a diverse portfolio and an exciting growth plan for 2020.
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller the successful candidate will take a prime role within the Finance team managing all of the financial reporting. The role also has accountability for the 13-week cash forecast process along with working capital analysis.
This is a high profile position managing a team of 4 and key responsibilities are:
Financial Information for decisions
- Produce high quality, relevant financial reporting information and KPI understanding. Explain and present the financial results to the CFO on a monthly basis to enable them to provide commentary to the Board.
- Provide high quality business analysis to alert senior managers to potential deviations from strategic financial objectives and work with them to ensure corrective action is taken by proactively making improvement recommendations.
- Compile and take accountability for the full set of financial statements for including profit & loss accounts, balance sheets and cash flow.
- Produce and coordinate the timely submission of the monthly financial statements to HFM in order to provide validity and accuracy to the financial statements for the Board.
- Work closely with senior managers to support effective working relationships with relevant accounting matters
Financial control and integrity of monthly financial statements
- Develop a robust control environment by proactively identifying financial and business control issues, implementing internal control processes and reviewing compliance with such processes.
- Review the monthly financial statements to ensure their accuracy, integrity, transparency and compliance with laws, UK GAAP and INEOS accounting policy.
- Evaluate the impact of any new accounting standards and implement changes to the financial statements as and when required.
- Supervise, support and coach a team of 4 finance staff to ensure they have the motivation and training to deliver the required levels of performance.
- Provide leadership and management to achieve high performance and effective service delivery; which will include planning the use of resources and staff effectively. This will include changes to duties and staffing requirements relating to improved or streamlined processes, the creation of opportunities for staff development and collaboration.
- Preparation of the annual statutory financial statements, including external disclosure notes for 12 UK legal entities and coordinate end-to-end delivery of the statutory accounts.
- Plan the year-end processes, including liaison and key point of contact with the external auditors; preparing the external audit and reporting timetable.
- Preparation of supporting audit documentation including accounting papers, UK GAAP reporting and impairment reviews to assist with the audit close process.
Cash forecasting and working capital
- Lead the 13-week cash forecasting process and provide insightful commentary to help the Business Controller explain to the Board the main drivers of cash flow in the business.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure the forecast is aligned with the latest view of results. Prepare a rolling 3-month working capital forecast
This is a newly created position with C-Suite interaction daily.
To be successful you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with a financial accounting background (knowledge of IFRS), management experience and, ideally, Oil and Gas experience albeit Energy businesses will be considered.
The package and working environment are excellent and this is a brilliant chance to grow a career in a major player in the sector.