A FTSE 100 Natural Resources business in Central London are now seeking the addition of a strong Chartered Accountant to join their Global Headquarters as a Manager for the Financial Reporting Team,
The incumbent will deliver assigned accounting activities to ensure compliance with internal and external financial accounting requirements and regulations. The role also supports the accounting policy team from time to time on projects relating to the implementation of new accounting standards, in the researching, drafting amendments to policies and procedures, and project managing their implementation.
This role will be a key contributor to the production of Group financial information included in external reports including the annual report, 20-F, interim results, 6-K, bond prospectuses, and shareholder circulars and delivery of Group wide training and development programmes relevant to critical areas of financial reporting.
- Project planning for external reporting seasons and other corporate projects (e.g. bond issues and SEC registration updates); preparation of memos, documentation and checklists, timetable and financial statements information requests for half year and year end reporting.
- Production of consolidated financial information, including financial statements and similar deliverables. Key contact for the auditors and any questions they may have on positions taken (using judgement to challenge and escalate where necessary). Preparation of associated financial briefing information to management and investor relations.
- Review, analysis and challenge of financial information provided by reporting units and oversight of the integrity of the group consolidation.
- Monitor, and support the development of, the Group's financial consolidation system and associated processes. Identification and implementation of opportunities for efficiency and business resilience improvement.
- Support users of the consolidation system at the Controllership hubs on practical user interface matters. Develop training materials for delivery across the Group in preparation for critical reporting periods. Coach other team members requiring guidance and familiarisation with reporting systems and practices.
- Identification of topics that cause difficulty to Controllership teams; prepare and communicate training material to improve understanding of these either via Webex or face to face interaction with the Controllership hubs.
- Support implementation of developments in accounting practices and IFRS, working with the Accounting Policy team.
- Respond to ad hoc queries and information requests from various stakeholders across the Group, for example Investor Relations, Company Secretarial, Group Legal, Tax, Sustainable Development, and Treasury.
- Administrative tasks including preparation of the team's budget and monitoring actual monthly costs, analysis of audit fees, records management and compliance (including SoX program).
The business is a high performer on the FTSE 100 and this is a unique role in a business of such size as it offers access to senior management and the operational areas of the business.
To be successful in applying for this role, you will have:
- Chartered Accountant qualification/accreditation (ACA or equivalent)
- Excellent IFRS technical knowledge, combined with experience of practical IFRS application / implementation in a complex consolidation environment.
- Experience of group corporate reporting
- Right to work in the United Kingdom
- A FTSE 100 clients/ industry experience; mining experience an advantage.
- Preferably "Big 4" accounting firm trained and qualified