The Financial Analyst role is a hybrid position which assess and analyses how the business operates in terms of it's trading, cash and currency profiles, how these drivers interact, and how processes can be developed to improve performance.
- Analysis of direct costs including exchange, brokerage, clearing and settlement fees, system costs etc. Examining the costs associated with each activity, tracking and recording these costs, being able to identify the impact on monthly profitability of changes in the drivers for each activity.
- Ad Hoc analysis measuring the financial impacts of various operational initiatives, as well as maintaining the analysis of the cost savings of initiatives already implemented
- FX exposure by entity: Analysing the currency exposure of the business, and how relative cost and profitability is broken down by currency.
- Operations reconciliations: Consolidating and reporting on the reconciliations produced by the operations area, and producing an overview of these results. for verification by external parties.
- Cash management: Maintaining the accounting of the treasury area.
- Production of client profitability reports
- Production of the international business daily report
- Production of month end stat files
- Production of Fincom materials
- Production of Board Papers
- PC Literate, including Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent Excel skills and experience managing, writing and editing visual basic (VBA) Scripts (preferable)
- Demonstrate expertise in dealing with and manipulating large data sets.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Planning/ Organisation skills
- Client focused - able to deal effectively with all levels of staff.
- A team player who sets a good example
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good Degree from Good University
- Good A Levels