A leading global restaurant business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant to join its finance function.
You will be responsible for supporting the Group Finance team, primarily being the group accounting team but additionally assisting treasury and tax teams where necessary.
Accounting responsibilities will include assistance with the preparation of the Group year end and interim financial statements, management of the audit process, and to provide ad-hoc technical accounting guidance to the finance team.
Other responsibilities will be the preparation of technical accounting papers, and ownership of specific accounting areas such as Share Based Payments or Financial Instruments. Further details include:
- Assist with the preparation of the financial statements for all Group Companies, including primary statements, and supporting notes
- Take end to end ownership of specific sections of the Financial statements
- Be the technical point of contact on specific accounting areas and take end to end ownership of those areas, including some of Share Based Payments, Lease Accounting, Earnings per share, Derivatives
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the finance department
- Manage the accounting policy manual, including recurring updates to the manual
- Stay on top of the latest developments in reporting compliance and accounting standards.
- Undertake reviews of international compliance with accounting policy
- Be primary point of contact for external audit team, internal audit teams and consultants
- Co-ordinate preparation of information for internal and external audit
- Manage planning and deliverables for Audit Committee
- Maintain the UK and international control environment through review of finance team input and preparation of control schedules
- Perform local and international internal audits to ensure financial processes and controls are effective in design and have been implemented correctly
- Assist with the group consolidation including the preparation of elimination entries and consolidation adjustments
- Assist with the preparation of group accounting entries, including holding company accounting
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified either looking for your first move from practice or in a financial accountant/group accountant role currently. The business has enjoyed a huge amount of success for many years and offer good progression opportunities.