The Group finance manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and accounting, budgeting and forecasting for the Group.
He/she will also be responsible for delivering consolidated accounts in accordance with IFRS to meet investor and lender requirements and as such needs to work closely with the finance team in country as well as the external auditors.
He/she will oversee the treasury function which includes i) reviewing cash forecasts for the Group to support key decision making such as the ability to distribute dividends to shareholders; ii) ensuring that RBL debt draw downs, repayments and fees are managed appropriately and iii) understanding and managing the banking structure for the Group including all cash pooling and funding requirements.
The finance manager needs to review monthly management reports submitted to the senior leadership team and needs to support the CFO with any ad hoc/additional material required by senior management/investors.
With regard to all aspects of this role, he/she needs to ensure that good controls and procedures are put in
place and that the delegation of authority and group tax residency requirements are complied with.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- Managing and reviewing the accounting for all group companies expenditure (which includes the payroll); intra-group service charges, Dividend distributions, Hedge accounting (including Mark to Market valuations) and intercompany loan interest calculations.
- Approval of all service entry sheets in SAP for the finance cost centre and ensuring that approvals are in line with the UK delegation of authority document.
- Bank approvals for payment runs including the settlement of monthly payroll to employees.
- Overseeing and managing the group audit and delivery of consolidated year-end audited financial statements in accordance with IFRS as primary focal point for the group audit team in London, which will also require regular interaction with the finance teams in country.
- Managing the Group treasury function including review of the 6 weekly cash forecast; dividend funds flows and monitoring external debt (including repayments, drawdowns and fees).
- Coordinating the annual insurance renewal for the group as primary point of contact for the brokers.
- Populating the group consolidation template and net debt reports with results from SAP on a monthly basis and ensuring that actuals reported to management and the Board agree to the YTD consolidated numbers.
- Review of finance monthly management reporting submitted to senior leadership team or the Board of directors.
- Reviewing and managing the annual budget process and tracking of actuals against budget and forecast.
- Responsible for UK tax compliance - including review and filing of quarterly VAT returns and annual corporate income tax return.
- Responsible for quarterly finance reporting.
- Communicating updates to IFRS and the impact thereof to colleagues in country and ensuring that required changes are implemented.
- Overseeing/advising on the accounting for any asset or company acquisitions in the group.
- Responsible for verification and obtaining US director sign off of hedging trade confirmations.
- Entering into FX trades
Qualification: ACA or equivalent
Experience: At least 8 years post ACA qualification with relevant experience working in finance - preferably in Oil & Gas
Advanced IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint)
Experience working with SAP
Business Behaviours: Professional attitude
Strong communication skills and confident dealing with various stakeholders
Good team player
Ability to work unsupervised & to high standard with good attention to detail
A self-driver who is hard working, committed, reliable and takes accountability for his/her actions
Resilience and ability to adapt to change