My client is a FTSE 250 Oil & Gas Business with an outstanding portfolio of production assets as well as some recent success with exploration.
They are a market leader with nearly 100 licences across multiple countries.
They are going through a period of growth and as such are seeking the addition of a strong qualified accountant to join their Group finance team in their London Head Office.
The role is varied and will involve daily interaction with the Business Unit finance teams internationally and it will report directly into the Group Financial Controller.
This is a role that has come about owing to an internal promotion and they are seeking candidates from a Big 4 audit background.
Experience in auditing Natural Resources or Energy businesses is highly advantageous.
The culture there is very meritocratic and they have some industry heavy hitters leading the business in their next stage of growth.
The package on offer is exceptional and includes up to 30% bonus, non contributory pension, share incentive plan, private health care, gym membership and flexible working hours plus much more.
This is an ideal first role in industry for an ACA qualified accountant and the headline responsibilities are:
- Preparing of the monthly consolidated reporting, ensuring adherence with guidelines, policies, and recommended accounting practice.
- Providing analysis and insight related to actual reported results.
- Assisting Business Unit finance teams in resolving any technical accounting and process issues or queries and in ensuring the monthly consolidation is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Providing guidance on technical accounting matters, including the preparation of key documents and papers for consideration by the Audit Committee
- Coordinating and preparing of the half year and year end results disclosures and financial statements.