An outstanding opportunity has arisen at an international oil and gas exploration, production and development company, headquartered in London.
This position reports directly to the CFO and is part of the finance leadership team and will work closely with the Executive Management Team, Finance Teams in country and London, Group Auditors and other members of the Finance Team.
The purpose of the role is to manage the overall responsibility for the preparation of all financial reporting and providing leadership to the Group's finance team in and provides key support to the CFO on a range on duties.
The role will involve taking overall responsibility for the preparation of external financial reporting and providing leadership to the Group's finance function.
Key deliverables will include:
- Managing the Group Finance Reporting team in providing monthly and year-end financial consolidated results and reporting. To prepare technical papers, maintaining of Group Accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing the outsourced finance teams in UK , France and Jersey with a view to assist the transition to a in-house standalone Finance function
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly consolidated reporting, management accounts and ensuring adherence with current Company guidelines and accounting policies as well as recommended accounting practice
- Responsible for the consolidation and accuracy of the Group's results and financial position in line with IFRS and stock market reporting requirements. with IFRS and stock market reporting requirements.
- Preparation of the Group's Half Yearly and annual external reporting obligations - Annual Financial Statements, Interim Financial Reporting & Interim Management Statements.
- Overall supervision of the annual Group and other subsidiary entity accounts incorporated in the EMEA region and in the UK
- Manage and supervise daily duties of UK Finance team
- Support and enforce with the CFO initially then Group FC, financial control oversight, dealing with accounting issues and ultimate integrity of the numbers
- Support the Planning and Performance function on budget and forecasting processes
- Support Group Treasurer with banking and ad hoc treasury matters
- Assist with one-off business transactions and projects as required such as capital markets transactions, business development
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Pro-active, conscientious qualified accountant ACA/ACCA with up to 5 years PQE, with strong, up to date, accounting and financial technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Focused individual who demonstrates initiative
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel and Powerpoint
- Keen understanding of the complexities of working in multi-stakeholder environments
- Good team player, with a strong work ethic, and willing to work at short notice on highly varied tasks and without supervision
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Fluency in English is necessary and a working knowledge of French and/or a local language would be a distinct advantage.
- A flexible, hands-on, self-reliant yet co-operative team approach to the role will be essential in meeting the objectives of the Company.
- The successful candidate must have a sense and commitment to best practice business ethics and corporate governance and be able to demonstrate this, together with familiarity and understanding in regard to relevant compliance laws including the UK Bribery Act