A prestigious and very well known charitable organisation, that works throughout the whole of the UK, have an excellent new opportunity for a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis to join their dynamic team. This is a great time to join a business which is in the early stages of its new strategic and corporate plan, and an opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to, and lead your team through, a commercial and forward-thinking few years ahead.
Main responsibilities include:
- Leading, managing and developing a team of nine qualified Finance Business Partners, ensuring the support and information they provide is of a consistently high quality
- Supporting the preparation of the organisation's strategy and the preparation of its annual corporate plan, leading on the preparation of budgets and financial plans
- Taking overall responsibility for the financial reporting function, ensuring data produced is accurate and decision-orientated, and preparing a strategic commentary on the monthly management accounts for presentation to the Board
- Managing the provision of financial analysis and support to all Directorates, including financial evaluations, cost apportionments and costings, using management information to recommend operational improvements and cost efficiency
- Leading the annual budget exercise overseeing budget holder training, producing consolidated reports and coordinating budget review sessions with Board members
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully Qualified Accountant, with a university degree (or equivalent)
- Have excellent team management experience and experience leading a team in a large, complex organisation
- Be significantly experienced with financial planning and budgeting in a complex organisation
- Have previously contributed to organisational strategy through financial and corporate planning
- Be able to influence others and build relationships at all levels
If you have prior experience working in the charity sector, this will be of benefit but is not essential. You will need to submit your CV and cover letter by midnight on Tuesday 28th May.