Goodman Masson are delighted to be partnered with Origin Housing in their search for a new Head of Financial Reporting.
Origin are a registered social landlord, managing over 7,000 homes across London and Hertfordshire. They provide affordable housing in local communities as well as related care and support services to the people who live in them.
Directly managing a team of 6, this is a key leadership role overseeing the financial reporting function which provides an effective and high-quality financial reporting service to strategic and operational leadership groups.
You will have a strong background leading financial reporting/control teams ideally within Social Housing as well as knowledge of rents and service charge legislation.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Lead on the delivery of financial and management accounting for the group
- Plan and deliver Year End Audit process
- Accountable for delivering the annual rent and service charge setting
- Oversee the preparation of VAT returns for the business
- Lead on finance department strategic projects to ensure accounting and reporting compliance
- Provide technical advice, professional guidance and training to the board and executive team
- Liaise with external organisations as required, managing and maintaining good working relationship
- CCAB qualified or equivalent
- Strong statutory reporting experience and knowledge of reporting standards
- Knowledge of rent and service charge legislation
- Strong team management skills
Applications are being reviewed as and when they are received with interviews being set up quickly so please apply ASAP to ensure you do not miss out.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.