Purpose of the role
This is a Senior role within the Finance team of a leading Investment Manager. You will be primarily responsible for overseeing the financial reporting of the Group. Your main responsibilities include:
- Management of the Group and subsidiary accounting teams
- Oversight of the preparation of the Group's consolidated accounts
- Review of the monthly finance pack for the Board and Executive Committee
- Ownership of technical accounting matters.
- External financial reporting: ownership of the Group half-year and year-end financial statements and preparation of the finance sections of the Annual Report, as well as being a key point of contact for the external auditors and ensuring the facilitation of the Group external audit.
- Internal reporting: review of complex or high-value Group journal entries and outputs (including the Board pack), as well as acquisition-specific areas. Work closely with the Group reporting team to monitor and improve month on month financial information.
- Play a lead role in the production of financial documents required for any transactions
- Oversight of the financial accounting function as a whole, including identifying and driving projects, process improvements and efficiencies, and coaching/development of staff.
- Technical accounting, including: ensuring the Group financial statements are in compliance with requirements, preparation of the judgemental accounting items and reporting papers for consideration by the Audit and Risk Committee, technical oversight of the global statutory financial statements, writing technical memos/papers, acquisition accounting, advising and documentation/effectiveness testing of the Group's hedge accounting, and training of the finance team in technical or other areas as appropriate.
- Effective team leadership: demonstrate leadership in business as usual
- Assist or lead ad-hoc projects as required
- ACA qualification or similar, with a minimum of 5 years PQE. A background in a Big-4 accounting services firm would be advantageous. Strong technical knowledge of financial accounting under IFRS.
- Financial service industry experience would be advantageous
- Must be computer literate with strong excel skills, have some experience with general ledger systems and have the ability to learn new systems. Experience with Workday Financials would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Experience or knowledge of the FCA regulatory rules would be advantageous
- Understanding of controls and processes, with an ability to critically evaluate them and escalate issues as appropriate