Insurance Director - Consultancy
We are currently looking for a Director to join our Risk and Regulation Team
The role will provide an opportunity to use your technical knowledge across a range of topics and your wider industry knowledge, to support a broad range of clients focusing on both the life and non-life insurance markets. It offers a unique mix of client work, market profile activities, regulatory engagement and proposition incubation.
In the fast-evolving world of financial services regulation, organisations need support and advice in how to deal with and manage regulatory change. The RR practice works with our clients to provide high quality advice and assurance to the financial sector. We help clients to anticipate and understand regulatory and policy change and make the necessary changes and adjustments to their business to manage this change. Where it is too late to prevent failure, we work with our clients to investigate the source of the problem, deal with the impacts and help to establish controls to support compliance going forward.
We act as the 'engine room' of our FSRR practice, supporting client teams in areas of risk and regulatory expertise, often acting as deep subject matter specialists.
We track new developments that will affect our clients, and engage with a wide range of stakeholders including regulators in the UK, EU and supranationally. We focus on emerging trends in risk and regulation, seeking to develop early points of view and thought leadership. We take a forward-looking view to new risk and regulatory issues, develop a deep understanding of the potential implications and use these insights to engage with clients and our client teams.
Through these activities we develop the relationships, knowledge and skills to help clients with the important challenges they face. We work with other FSRR teams to support our clients, bringing a deep understanding of clients' business and operational models, as well as the wider issues affecting their businesses and the industry.
Our team includes experts who cover asset and wealth management, banking and capital markets and insurance. The team includes risk, regulatory, legal and compliance professionals from a wide range of backgrounds including people from industry, auditors, lawyers, economists, industry bodies and policy makers and regulators.
Who we are looking for
As part of the FSRR, we have significant growth plans and are looking for ambitious and dedicated professional advisers to help us deliver on these plans. In line with our growth strategy and our long term plans in investing in financial services, we are seeking to supplement the existing team with new talent.
With the help of this new talent, our aim is to continue to build a team that is known in the market as the best in class risk and regulatory consulting practice, interacting with the major players in the UK, EU and global financial services industry and playing a key role in the services we offer to our clients
- Leading the work of the team focusing on new regulatory developments, wider themes and regulators' policymaking, supervisory and enforcement activities in this sector/subsector
- Supporting the development of insurance regulatory propositions from a technical perspective in the UK
- Supporting clients and client delivery teams with industry and technical expertise on risk and regulatory matters in insurance markets
- Acting as subject matter expert on large and small engagements, often simultaneously
- Leading and managing the insurance team members as appropriate, including coaching and development, with other Senior Managers/Directors
- Producing and overseeing written analysis and information including client publications, marketing materials, website content, training materials, press releases, etc. in conjunction with the market profile team
- Conducting technical research, training, speaking at client events, responding to consultation papers from relevant regulatory bodies etc.
- Leading and contributing input to the debate on development and application of policy, anticipating and developing Thought Leadership in relevant areas, with other Directors and the partner
- Engaging with regulators and policy makers on areas of expertise, managing relationships, and supporting the activity of the wider regulatory relations team.