A global, independent oil and gas company are looking for a Junior Consolidation Accountant to join their wider finance department.
Based in Central London, this role requires production of reports for consolidated IFRS financial statements and Group solvency. This role will be integral to establishing the consolidation process for the Group. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic accountant to be involved in establishing the financial reporting for a growing group.
Reporting to the Consolidation Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting with the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated reports for the Group under IFRS.
- Preparing subsidiary consolidated and stand-alone financial statements under IFRS and other reporting standard, under the supervision of the Consolidation Manager.
- Preparing non-statutory reporting requirement of subsidiaries for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Liaising with subsidiaries on reporting processes, systems and technical support.
- Supporting the preparation of the Group IFRS financial statements.
- Contributing to the response to ad-hoc requests from external parties.
- Supporting the delivery of finance change projects that impact on the consolidation process, including user acceptance testing of any changes.
- Supporting the delivery of initiatives required as part of the demerger project to ensure Group reporting processes meets all reporting and control requirements.
- Ensuring the best collaboration with colleagues and be held accountable for maintaining and enhancing controls to support consolidation optimization.
Skills and Experience
- Part-qualified in ACA or ACCA
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles
- Good numerical skills and an analytical acumen
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- HFM and SAP experience
- Experience in a group structure with multi companies and multi-currency environment
- Oil and Gas industry experience
You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be a good team-player. You will be a quick learner, and have a high attention to detail. You will be proactive and motivated, and flexible with working hours if you need to stay longer to meet deadlines.
If this sounds like it could be your next opportunity, then apply today!