A well established company that sits in the Media space is looking for a Risk and Controls Analyst to join their team.
We are looking to speak to candidates who have either a background in audit or finance. Direct risk and controls exposure is not a must. This is a unique opportunity to join a team and learn an awful lot. Progression opportunities are huge!
Location – Central London
Salary – £30,000-50,000 (experience dependent). We are open to seeing a range of candidates at different points in their career. For example:
- Current risk/control analysts looking for a move
- Management accountants looking for a move into the risk and controls arena
- Those who graduated university a couple of years ago and have worked in finance but, would like to move into controls and risk
Study support on offer.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the UK Director and Manager to promote and help embed the culture of ethics and integrity across the region through training, support and advising on relevant topics such as anti-bribery and corruption, internal controls, as well as internal policy requirements.
- To establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and collaborate effectively with colleagues. Engage with multiple senior stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Support the Risk & Controls Director and Manager with implementing controls across the UK in line with the WPP Internal Control framework, which includes meeting the documentation and evidence standards required.
- Help coordinate internal control and risk management processes, e.g. authorisation matrices, gift & entertainment coordination for quarterly reviews, market Letter of Representation submissions, Code of Conduct and Declaration of Interest reviews.
- Help coordinate audit activities for the UK, liaising with internal and external audit teams (e.g. PwC, Deloitte) and assist with monitoring remediation for all source of assurance (SOX, WPP IA, Deloitte).
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, including use of technology, while adapting to the new and evolving challenges and opportunities.
- Assist UK Director and Manager in ad hoc activities in relation to SOX and compliance in the market.
- To support with ad hoc projects across the business as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant
- Ability to apply a structured approach towards balancing multiple demands and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in interactions with staff and senior management.
- An understanding of credit insurance and alternative methods of financial security.
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking, the ability to interpret and present data clearly and concisely.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- MS Office Excel Intermediate.
- A knowledge of MediaOcean Media and Accounting Application (not essential).
- Fluency in English is required.