I'm currently looking for an experienced qualified accountant to head up a new Legal Entity Control division for an Investment Bank. The ideal candidate will have around 5 years post qualified industry experience, and will have the opportunity to grow out the LEC function as it grows.
You will head up the strategic modelling of European entities, as well as both regulatory and statutory reporting functions. Additional responsibilities include being confident to challenging process and ensuring the business is operating as efficiently as it can. Knowledge of different accounting standards is a must for this role, notably US GAAP, FRS 102 and German GAAP as you will be in direct contact with global teams.
There will also be a good amount of of project based work to get stuck in with, so the variety and breadth you'll find within this role keeps the work interesting, rather than getting stuck in process heavy work.
Key Responsibilities: -
- 2 or 3 direct reports that you will help nurture and mentor
- Take lead on the internal and external audit
- Timely and accurate submission of regulatory reporting
- Development of new business processes
Key Requirements: -
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA)
- 5+ years PQ experience in a Financial Control position
- Strong knowledge in US GAAP, FRS 102 and German GAAP
- Good general technical accounting knowledge
- Advanced Excel