This UK construction company is looking for an Management Accountant to join their finance team. You will be assisting the Financial Controller in the management of the finance functions, as well as working with company stakeholders in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, and presentation of monthly reporting for a number of cost centres.
You must be willing to travel to North London.
- Produce Management Accounts and other reporting for cost centres, ensuring that relevant issues are identified and resolved
- Work with various cost centre managers to understand their financial performance and produce variance analysis
- Build relationships and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand the financial performance of their respective cost centres
- Consolidation of financial statements
- Completion of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of Accruals, Prepayments and Stock Adjustments
- Raise invoices, maintain and monitor the aged debtor's analysis, maintain the cash flow register and control bank payments
- Prepare the quarterly VAT returns
- Identify issues and resolve discrepancies
- Ad-Hoc duties as required
- Currently studying towards ACCA/CIMA qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role (producing management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and reporting)
- Previous experience within property/construction/engineering/logistics sector is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Driving licence is essential as you will be travelling to depots around the network
You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build working relationships with stakeholders. You will be able to apply problem solving skills with out of the box thinking. You will be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision and be able to prioritise in a fast paced and demanding environment.
If this role looks like it could be a good fit for you, then please apply via this advert or alternatively send your CV directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering note.