A global, market-leading hospitality company are looking for a Management Accountant to join their forward-thinking and dynamic finance team. This privately-owned company operates internationally, and has been established for over 20 years, leading to their well-recognised name in the industry.
This company are looking for a dedicated and committed Management Accountant to analyse financial information and help to implement effective strategies to enhance overall business performance. You will be expected to have a clear understanding of the functions and role of the finance department, with a specific focus on accounts payable and receivable, for which you will have direct responsibility.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the daily management of the accounts payable and receivable ledgers, ensuring that they are in line with company policy and that the accounts are kept up to date in a timely and efficient manner. You will need to have an analytical approach to costs incurred in the day-to-day running of the business and cash flow management.
- Analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth
- Process Monthly Payroll on Sage
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making
- Produce month end journals
- Close daily bank reconciliation
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process
- Preparation of the daily cash-flow forecast
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Lead, manage, guide and motivate a team
- Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all accounts
- Assessment of monthly expenses
- Calculation, presentation and payment of VAT
- Production of relevant commercial analysis e.g. margins and pricing
- Maintain Petty Cash Book
Skills and Experience
- Part-qualified in ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- 3 years Management Accountant/ Senior Accountant Experience
- Oscar PMS system knowledge (preferred)
- Sage 200 experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Excel skills
- Proven experience in the hospitality industry
You will have excellent communication skills and be confident in dealing with queries; including those of a difficult nature. You will be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team. You will be comfortable working to strict deadlines and prioritising your work-load. The ability to understand and explain financial matters clearly and concisely is key. Due to the nature of the business, candidates must be flexible to work outside normal office hours from time-to-time.
If this sounds like it could be your next opportunity then apply today!
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for this position.